Our Austin Top Ten in no particular order whatsoever:
1. The Salt Lick - yummy, yummy BBQ and a good place to pass your Fourth of July!

2. Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum - Way cool. Loved the theater.
3. Hyde Park (including Shipe Park Pool) - About three blocks from our house they had a pool and a children's waiting pool. We were there twice a week. At least. I still don't look tan. Darn my English ancestry.
4. Shops on South Congress - Funky, fun and eclectic. Charlie was surprisingly good in Uncommon Objects, a crazy antique store. I was bracing myself for having to pay for a broken priceless relic before we left and he shocked me by playing with a little plastic penguin the entire time we were in there.
5. Live Music at Threadgill's
6. Barton Springs Pool at Zilker Park - Really cool but kinda icky on the bottom like a lake. Call me a baby but I don't like walking barefoot through squishy, slimy stuff I can't see.
7. The bats under South Congress Bridge
8. The Clay Pit - Yeah, another restaurant. We're big eaters.

9. Austin Children's Museum

Here are our only non food related pictures.

10. Children's Day Art Park - Please refer to earlier post
Oops, I couldn't fit it in to 1o so here's 11
11. Texas State Capitol - The biggest state capitol in the U.S., my friends. In case you didn't know, everything is bigger in Texas.
Here a couple of random pictures from Austin and Oklahoma. Enjoy!
Happy Birthday to me! It's my last year as a twentysomething. I need to do something selfish and spontaneous. Brandon got me a yummy Chocolate Ganache Cake from Quack's but he left the candles in Charlie's room. We didn't want to wake him so I blew out a match.
Charlie and his Great-Grandpa Murphy at Aunt Laurie's home in Edmond. Brandon's Nana passed away while we were in Austin. We were so glad that we could be there and visit with family.
Pillow fight in our hotel room in OKC. Charlie won, of course. He doesn't know his own strength.





5 comments:
love the updates, love the new look of the blog
What a fab summer! I love all the crazy fun you had in Austin. And you know how I love food pics!
I loved S. Congress, too! Friends of ours live right on that street so we hopped up and down it with glee!
So check you guys out I was looking through chels's friends and there you are I love this blog thing
I just got the title of your blog after watching some old Arrested Development eps! I am slow.
Post a Comment