Saturday, March 1, 2008

Happy First Anniversay

Brandon and I just had our first anniversary of our first kiss. Now, I know you're thinking, haven't you been married for a while now and have a 9 month old baby? Well, Brandon and I had our first kiss on February 29, 2004, Leap Day! Though I'm not really into cheesy anniversaries, we decided that we would celebrate this one every chance we get, which just happens to be every four years. After the baby went to sleep, I made the same dinner we had that very night (Turkey Piccata, rice, and broccoli) and we played the same card game we played four years ago, Speed. This time I didn't let him win. I bought Brandon the box set of Lord of the Rings films on DVD because we watched the Oscars the night we first kissed and The Return of the King won Best Picture. We also realized that we watched The Two Towers the first night we met, too. So, we decided to watch The Fellowship of the Rings to kind of round out the experience. Overall, it was a really nice night and I feel so lucky to have Brandon in my life!

Please excuse me if I take a moment to brag on him. We just found out this week that Brandon is having his article (they call them comments) published in the Texas Tech Law Review. The article is about the future of biodiesel in Texas and he worked his tail off on it. He also was appointed to a position on the executive board of the Law Review as the Student Writing Editor. He has worked so crazy hard. I'm so proud. I hope that doesn't really seem like bragging. If you can't share good news with your friends, who can you share it with?

Anyway, for those of you who only check this blog to see heart-wrenchingly adorable baby pictures, here are a few random pics from the last couple months. By the way, he stood by himself today without even noticing. He was standing up with one hand on the coffee table and holding a sippy cup in the other hand. He let go of the table for a few seconds while he was watching himself shake his sippy cup and just stood there like he had been doing it for ages. He has stood by himself a few times before but usually freaks out as soon as he realizes that he's not holding on to anything and then sits down on his bum. Not so this time. Crazy. The kid is going to be walking before we are even ready. OK, enough. On to the pictures.


Don't fence me in! In the crib at my parents' house. He wasn't used to sleeping in a crib without a bumper.



Peanut anyone?

Woof! Wearing a cute bath towel that Aunt Laurie sent.



Lunch time. Sometimes it's just easier to strip him down then to try to clean up his clothes after he "feeds himself".

2 comments:

Robertsons said...

Im dying! I so remember talking on the phone with you about the "kiss!" Where does time go!

Dave & Chels said...

I say not bragging. Good job Brandon we are all proud of you.