Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Update from DC
Wow! What a week and a half it has been. We arrived last Saturday, safe and sound. Our place is awesome and only about a five minute walk to the Metro. Brandon is loving his job. Charlie had his first birthday. And we both got the stomach bug that would not end. We have been trying to make the most of our time here but it has been a little tougher than we expected since one or the other of us has been sick for the past week and a half. LAME! Anywho, here are some great pictures of our time in DC so far.
This is Brandon's work place. Not too shabby, eh? He is working for the Washington Legal Foundation and is loving it! The office is in Dupont Circle which is an amazing neighborhood with all these gorgeous brownstones and townhouses.
Charlie outside of the Phillips Collection. He actually was pretty chill for a while and let us look at some art.
The Durretts love the Metro. Charlie greets everyone who gets on the train with a loud, "Hi!" which he just repeats over and over and louder and louder until everyone pays attention to him.

It's not everyday that you get to sit inside of an elephant mandible. Charlie thought the Natural History Museum was way cool though he got pretty tired of being in his stroller. So, we let him out to crawl through this ant tunnel.

Happy Birthday, baby. We took a video of him devouring the cupcake which I will post later. We got delicious cupcakes from a bakery down the street called CakeLove. You know they have to be good if they call the place CakeLove.
Just outside the birdhouse at the zoo. I love how Brandon is trying to get out of the picture.
About thirty seconds before he threw up all over the T-Rex fossil head at the zoo. People actually stopped and stared, mouths agape. He got it all over his clothes. We had to ride back home on the Metro with him in a diaper and a denim jacket. It was quite a fashion statement.
Just outside the National Archives watching the Memorial Day parade. He is currently obsessed with screwing the lids on and off of bottles. OBSESSED. If I pass a bottle with a screw on top without stopping, there is weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






7 comments:
It looks like DC and the Durretts are a natural fit! I cannot even believe that Charlie turned one. That is so crazy!
Oh! Are those the pirate Robeez I spy?
where does time go...its abt time for and update...could you keep em coming please!!!
You look like you're all having fun!! Things are good here, just hot. And your house and cars are good, too. Jack and Ellen make sure the back yard doesn't get lonely while I make sure everything's still there and running.
Brandon, Susan and Charlie, Farley is very familiar with Dupont circle. And he did say it was a nice safe area for you to be. So glad to hear and that you are enjoying yourself. I just returned from Allison's graduation and the afterward party. She is in Missouri trying to get some pre-med classes out of the way. She is the only girl in a class full of football players. I just don't know how this will turn out. :) Granny Mar Mar
I miss hanging out with you guys & having a walking partner! DC looked fun. When will you guys be back? I bet Charlie is walking (or running) by now!
We'll be back in Lubbock on August 10 or 11th. Wow, that still seems like a loooong time. I miss my walking buddy, too. It was much more fun to go with you than by myself
Post a Comment