Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Ac-cent-tchu-ate the Positive

Since we have been battling the terrible twos around here, Charlie has been wearing down my defenses a little more than I care to admit. I thought a little positivity might help turn my outlook around. Here are a few things that tickle me about Charlie:

-He really has no concept of what a gun is or what it does. So, when he plays with his Uncle William's nerf guns, he points it at you and says, "Smile!"

-He can sing almost all the words to Jingle Bells except he sings, "Oh what fun it is to ride....something....Hey!" Here's a little video of him doing Jingle Bells.




-When I'm overcome with how much I love my kids, I'll say to him, "Mama's so lucky. She has two beautiful babies. Charlie baby and Baby Laura." The other day when we were reading a christmas book, Charlie said, "Mama has three beautiful babies: Charlie baby, Baby Laura, and Baby Jesus." That made me a little melty.

- How he sucks on his wrist to put himself to sleep or calm himself down when he's upset. He started when he was about three or four months old. I took him out of his car seat one day and saw bruises all over his wrists. I was all panicky, like a new mother is about everything. Where did the bruises come from? Later that day I went to check on him during his nap and he was sucking on his arm in his sleep. He still does it when he goes to sleep or watches TV. He asks me to push up his sleeve before he goes to sleep so he can "suck a arm" or take out his gum so he can "suck a arm". Love it.





-Yesterday he was watching Disney's Robin Hood and I was whistling along with the rooster minstrel at the beginning of the movie. Charlie put his hand up and said, "No, no, no, no. Let the turkey do it."

-He's so sweet to his baby sister. He sits right by her and pats her back while she screams her way through tummy time. "It's okay, baby sister. Pat, pat, pat." Yes, he actually says pat, pat, pat while he pats her back.




-He uses "may" properly. As in, "May I go really, really fast?" He asks me this about 4 or 5 times a day. Yes you may, Charlie baby.

-He makes me laugh every day. Grandpa Clove got for him this new laser blaster gun when Laura was born. It has flashing lights and makes really loud noises. Thanks Grandpa Clove! Perfect gift when you have a newborn in the house. Charlie loves it. He was playing with an old pair of goggles the other day and he held the gun up to his eye and said, "I can see my gun." He looked so funny. Brandon and I couldn't stop laughing.

-He can say his own prayers now and he always say thank you to Heavenly Father for his family.

7 comments:

Kara said...

He kills me. What a cutie!

Chelsea Junget said...

Ha! The goggles and laser gun photo is a classic. You'll have to trot that one out for dates for sure.

v said...

Yep, he's a keeper!

larshannon said...

So sweet. I love the "pat, pat, pat."

jamesrivergirl said...

What a cute post.
"No, no no. Let the turkey do it." So cute.

Sonja said...

I love the goggles and gun episode. Boys are SO much fun.

Chels said...

I LOVE this last picture of him wearing the goggles and shining the lazer gun in his eye. What a cute kid. We miss you guys here in Lubbock.