Friday, July 2, 2010

Movin' On


We closed on a house today. Yay! Exciting, scary wonderfulness. We will be busy this next month - ripping out carpet, painting, new carpet installed, wood floors refinished, moving, cleaning and vacationing. Thank heavens for that Clove family vacation in the middle of all this mayhem. I've calculated that this will be my 10th move in 13 years. Before I went to college I had lived in the same house my entire life. Crazy. I'm so done with moving but the idea of settling somewhere indefinitely is a little freaky. It helps that I am in love with this house. Here are a few pictures from the listing.












Now I need to solicit your help. We need your suggestions for a name for our new abode. I've been referring to it as my Barbie Dreamhouse since it's pink stucco on the outside (LOVE!). I feel that this a home worthy of title, like in Austen times, e.g. Longbourn, Pemberly, Mansfield Park, etc. Any ideas? Now on to the packing. One last question:


Goodwill or new house? Oh, we might as well take 'em with us.

9 comments:

Chelsea Junget said...

Oh, it's cute! I like Barbie Dreamhouse, personally.

Kara said...

I am in LOVE! The house looks so cute. So many great features. And I love that we are black and white tile twins. It connects us somehow.

It is definitely worthy of an Austen name...How about something like Pinkerton?

Polly said...

I think a pink house needs a French name- but that is as far as my foggy brain has gotten. Can you hurry up and get here already- I am desperate for some good long chats and a hug and then some more hugs and then some crying and then some hugs. Can you tell I am a little needy today. Oh I also am in desperate need to hold some babies- so the Texas contingent is much needed.

Sonja said...

Congratulations, Susan! It's adorable. I'll be thinking of a name...but I'm terrible at that sort of thing, so don't hold your breath.

Miss you!

Dave & Chels said...

I love your new house - it's so you guys. I like Pemberly. Hartfield? Donwell Abby? Box Hill? Can you tell I've just read Emma?

Adam and Bri said...

LOVE the tile. (My sister and I think alike.)

Congrats, homeowners!

Robertsons said...

I love that the house just looks like you! Saw anne of green gables on the byu channel the other night! MISS YOUR TRASH!!

Jaimie said...

Your house is so cute! Love it!

Polly said...

So I love comments but I hardly ever leave them!

The Meadows is exactly what you referred to- or so i would like to think I have taken Cl. Sanders spot in the pentaverate.

But it is really a chi chi rehab. The ones all the celebrities go to for sex addiction or whatever. It is where mom was earlier in the year. They do a week long work shop for survivors of childhood trauma- and after our week there earlier this year it was clear I needed some time there with the focus just on my issues. Becky and Susie went last month but I can't go until November. I had decided that I needed this before Mom was diagnosed- but I have just fallen apart since that. I don't know how to draw boundaries for her- and I am in shut down panic mode for months. Not ideal for my family. Alma is worried about me going because I have used denial and very thick walls to cope for years and after going those walls were down but I didn't have the skills to cope with all the new feelings. So he only agreed to this if I agreed to continue in therapy when I get back. Anyways- it is an enclave in the mountains (AZ) for the super wealthy (when we were there last Susie and I kept thinking that so many families need this but not many can afford the $50,000 price tag). Of course Susie and her husband frequent thier workshops. This is where her husband got sober 25 yrs ago- and they do couples retreats here and he does what he calls a tune-up every couple of years. So I think close enough to the movie Meadows.

You also had my favorite comment so what necklace would you like?