I ask of you, what is better than a crisp November evening at the polls? Brandon and I decided that we had to document Charlie's first election. Can you see the excitement in his face? I think it's more likely that he's trying to see if he can get that sign close enough to him to chew on it. That kid will put anything in his mouth. Our precinct's polling location was only a block from our house at Smylie Wilson Middle School (you've gotta love these West Texas names! There's a track down the street from our house called Willie McCool track and field. Brandon tried to convince me to name our first boy Willie McCool. I did not acquiesce. Though it would be cool (or McCool, if you will) if Charlie grew up to be an astronaut. Plus, he would already have a name fit for Grey's Anatomy.) The evening was abnormally chilly but Charlie was a trooper. We had to vote one at a time because Charlie keep trying to eat the voter's guide that we brought in with us. I made Brandon sing "God Bless the USA" on the way home in his best Texas accent, just because, for some reason, I think that song is a hoot. I'm sure our neighbors thought we were nuts but what was it that Mr. Bennet said? "For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn?"
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
Our Civic Duty
I ask of you, what is better than a crisp November evening at the polls? Brandon and I decided that we had to document Charlie's first election. Can you see the excitement in his face? I think it's more likely that he's trying to see if he can get that sign close enough to him to chew on it. That kid will put anything in his mouth. Our precinct's polling location was only a block from our house at Smylie Wilson Middle School (you've gotta love these West Texas names! There's a track down the street from our house called Willie McCool track and field. Brandon tried to convince me to name our first boy Willie McCool. I did not acquiesce. Though it would be cool (or McCool, if you will) if Charlie grew up to be an astronaut. Plus, he would already have a name fit for Grey's Anatomy.) The evening was abnormally chilly but Charlie was a trooper. We had to vote one at a time because Charlie keep trying to eat the voter's guide that we brought in with us. I made Brandon sing "God Bless the USA" on the way home in his best Texas accent, just because, for some reason, I think that song is a hoot. I'm sure our neighbors thought we were nuts but what was it that Mr. Bennet said? "For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment