Friday, July 18, 2008

Heaven


When I picture heaven, it looks like my parent's backyard. Green. Grassy. Beautiful trees and mountains. Hydrangea bushes and Virginia creeper. It's gorgeous. Why in the world don't we live here? If that tiny town of less than 3,000 people needed any oil and gas or water lawyers, I would make Brandon move there in a second. In the mean time, here are some pictures of the three weeks Charlie and I spent out in California while Brandon was in DC toiling away in the humidity, grading law review application packets during his spare time. Yeah, babe. I'm sorry. We were having way more fun than you.

Charlie and Grandpa - a.k.a. his new best friend. How could he not be with the endless tractor, three-wheeler, and lawn mower rides he gave Charlie?




Splish splash - takin' a bath in the laundry sink. I think if we did a tally at the end of my life of the phrase that came out of my mouth most often during my time here on earth, it would be - "Sit on your bottom." This kid will not sit down in the bath.

Who me? Make a mess? I'm pretty sure Grandma just left these all lying around on the floor.


Trying on Uncle Doug's shoes. I think Charlie has a shoe fetish that could rival any of the girls on Sex in the City. Several times a day he hands me a pair of shoes and begs for me to put them on him.



Playing peek-a-boo with Grandma in the backyard. I wish I had gotten my Mom in the shot. I used to pretend this pot was a cauldron where I would mix up special potions when I was a kid. Mostly they consisted of grass and perfume samples from my Mom's bathroom. Those little vials look like they were made for kiddie potion making.


Grandpa and Charlie mowing the lawn. It's about time someone put him to work. That kid is such a freeloader.




I wanted to get a shot of Charlie in this cute, little linen jumper that Grandma Jilly gave him and this was the best we got. Brandon's mom has a business importing Russian linen called Russia House and she sells these jumpers in a store on ebay. Check 'em out. They are so cute. The outfit made his eyes look so blue. They even made my eyes look super blue just sitting next to him.

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

Isn't it weird that we were so ready to leave that place and now we want to get back?

Dave & Chels said...

That was a weird feeling as I was getting ready to post this comment, looking at the one before and wondering, "Did I already comment?" Then I realized you might know more than two chelsea's. :)
Your parents backyard does look like heaven. I would give anything for a nice backyard to lounge the day away in.
Are you guys coming back any time soon? Things are pretty boring around here...:)

Karen S. said...

Susan, I'm sure you and Charlie had a great time, but to perfectly and completely honest - in the interest of full disclosure - I'm absolutely positive grading Law Review Write-on packets is much more fun. I get giddy just thinking about it. Brandon, if you've got any extras, pass 'em my way baby!