Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Boo!

I have a penchant for all things gnome. It hasn't been a life long love. In, fact when I was a kid they kind of creeped me out. Remember that cartoon called David the Gnome? Bored me to tears. Then one day in French class back at Nevada Union High School, I remember reading an article about the Garden Gnome Liberation Front, a group in France that took it upon themselves to free these garden gnomes from their captivity and release them into their natural habitat. Hilarious. Another reason why I enjoy French culture. Oh, yeah and cheese.

So, when I was thinking about what Charlie should be for Halloween, it came to me. A garden gnome. The costume shouldn't be too hard to put together as long as he would keep it all on. So, here is the finished result. We took him to our church trunk or treat last Tuesday and to the Ranching Heritage Center on Halloween night. I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves.



This just in: there is a gnome on the loose near the Ranching Heritage Center. Be aware there may be mischief afoot.

Brandon was a Ukrainian prize fighter. No one thought it was a costume. He was a little insulted.


So. stinkin'. cute.


I'm a little bummed that I forgot to put his belt on Halloween night. Oh, well. He's still adorable.


The big shocker: He kept the hat/beard combo on all night. Both nights. I couldn't believe it.

6 comments:

Chelsea Junget said...

OMG! That's a great costume. Props to Charlie for keepin' on the adorable beard + hat.

Dave & Chels said...

I've been waiting for you to post these pictures. That outfit is genius. I was laughing out loud as I was looking at these - especially the first one. And Brandon's outfit was priceless, as well.

Polly said...

Finnally a gnome allowed to run free! And what a cute little guy. If I found him wandering in the woods (isn't that where gnomes live?) I am afraid I would have to take him home and enslave him in my garden. You are so creative.

Kara said...

Oh. My. Goodness.

If I didn't know you any better I would have thought you had a kid just for this moment. And yes. So stinkin' cute!!

Robertsons said...

im sorry but that has to be the best thing i have seen in a really long time!

The Clay's said...

That costume is super cute!! I never would have thought of that haha.