Monday, November 24, 2008

Gratitude Week

So, my wonderful sister-in-law Polly is doing a week full of posts about gratitude. I thought I would jump on the bandwagon. I haven't felt terribly motivated lately, hence the lack of posts. That makes it sound like I'm in a slump. Just the opposite. Actually, I have really been able to unwind and just enjoy being a little be more, which is great for me. I have been way too uptight lately.

So, the first challenge is to take two minutes and just write a list of things that you are grateful for. I've really tried not to think about what I'm going to write until the timer starts. So, here goes.

my sweet husband
the cutest doggone baby in the world
deep fried korean thanksgiving (episode of Gilmore Girls. watch it every thanksgiving season)
scriptures
a living prophet
cheese, esp. the stinky kind
the impending week of overeating
pecans
great books
music
parents who still love each other
grandparents who love their grandbabies
great friends
sisters - the best friends in the world

Wow, I really thought I would think of things faster than that. Must be grateful more often. But, that's what came to mind and they are definitely all from the heart.

How could I help but be grateful for Mr. Sassy Pants here?

4 comments:

Polly said...

Yeah!!! Someone is reading my blog. I wrote that I was thankful for my sisters- and I was including my sister-in-laws. I am so lucky to have sister-in-laws that I just love.

The Ashdowns said...

Omgosh that picture is so funny! What a cute kid. I like your thankful list, I might need to do something like it.

Kara said...

I am grateful for you! Have a great Thanksgiving this week!

laura said...

Charlie has gotten soooo big! I miss him (and you) so much. I just want to reach out and kiss his adorable cheeks.