Saturday, January 31, 2009

New Post

Today is my last chance to write a post in the month of January. I know. I'm a sad, sad excuse for a blogger. I just haven't been feelin' it lately. So, instead of a big catch up post, I'm just going to do a list. If you're anything like me, you love a good list: To-do list, Top Ten list, Worst Dressed List, you name it. Put in list format and I'm hooked. So here is a list of Susan's Current Favorite Charlie-isms:

  • His silly walks. Move over Monty Python boys, Charlie has the silly walks covered. My favorite is when he hunches down real low and drags his knuckles across the ground like an ape. He reminds me of Brandon's little brother William when he does it.
  • While I was away on my Sister Trip (a post for another day), Charlie and Brandon developed a new game that we dubbed, "Kitties on the bed". The name pretty much says it all. We crawl and roll around like kitties on a bed, meowing all the while. According to the rules set forth by Charlie himself, the bed must not be made when playing "kitties". Tantrums will ensue if I try to make the bed. I love watching him play pretend. And his meow is heartbreaking. It comes from the depth of his soul. He loves cats so much. I'm allergic. And pet-phobic. Sorry Charlie.
  • He's totally belly-button obsessed.
  • He refuses to call any animal by its proper name and insists on calling them by the sound they make. He used to say animal names but I guess they just seemed way too boring.
  • He's much better about riding around in the car. Hallelujah!
  • He loves to sing ABCs. Though he calls them AGGs.
  • For a while he called gum "please".
  • His answer to every question is "No". Sample conversation from lunch today: Mom - "Charlie, do you want some more ham?" Charlie - "No!" Then he shovels handfuls of ham into his mouth. I think he gets his contrary nature from me.
  • He loves to sweep and throw trash in the garbage. I pray this is a habit he carries into his teenage years.


My men out at Ransom Canyon.

4 comments:

Kara said...

That boy kills me! Oh my cuteness. I want to hear him meow.

Chelsea Junget said...

You really need to capture video of the ape man walk - that sounds hilarious.

jamesrivergirl said...

Great post! My B and I enjoyed it. Charlie continues to be adorable.

Robertsons said...

oh the sister trips :-) where was it this year?