Saturday, May 16, 2009

Big Life Announcement #2

First off, thanks for all the well wishes about the new baby. We are so excited to have a new addition to our family in October. And now, drum roll please.....

Big Life Announcement #2 - Brandon graduated from law school!!!



My parents and his parents were all in attendance. It was a wonderful weekend of family, food and once again food. The ceremony was very nice but looong. There was a lot of clapping. I don't think I'll ever feel the need to clap again. Brandon worked so hard the last three years to do his best and he makes me so proud. This last semester was particularly grueling since he took 17 hours, worked part-time, served as the student writing editor for the law review, and was on the school's Moot Court team. As a side note, Brandon's brief for the National Appelate Advocacy Competition (Moot Court Competition) took first place in the nation. I cried when he told me. He spent most of our Christmas break working on that paper and it definitely paid off.

So, all his grades have finally rolled in and it's starting to feel kind of official. Now if he can just pass the bar at the end of July, we definitely won't be students any more. That's a big life change for us.

4 comments:

Kara said...

Amazing news! Congrats Brandon. Way to rock all things lawyerly!

Chelsea Junget said...

Yay! That's such an accomplishment!

jamesrivergirl said...

Wow. Congratulations on all those accomplishments--to both of you.

Robertsons said...

both are such amazing things! babies are fun! I hope you are feeling ok! I have to admit I am glad that i am almost done with mine...1 more month to go! let us know what ure having