Monday, May 25, 2009
Big Life Announcement #3
Brandon got hisself a job! A real full-time, money paying job. There is hope we may be able to pay off our student loans! He was offered a job with a firm in Midland, TX that specializes in Oil and Gas Law called Cotton Bledsoe. Midland isn't exactly where I wanted to move after law school. I was hoping we might find ourselves somewhere with naturally occurring plant life but we feel so blessed that Brandon has a job in these difficult economic times. Plus, it's a great firm that specializes in one of Brandon's interest areas and the billable hours are reasonable. He's working two days a week right now, abandoning his family in the pursuit of much needed money. The rest of the week he's chillin' here at home with us while studying for the bar. It's really nice to have him around more often. The bar rolls around at the end of July and he'll start working full-time in the beginning of August. It feels amazing to have the promise of a steady income in the near future!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
Yay Brandon! Work hard for the money!
Woo-hoo! I know it's tough for lawyerly types right now so I am glad he's found something. We drove thru Fort Stockton on our cross-country drive. That's all I've got.
Hooray for a "real" job with a "real" income! But I still feel a little selfishly split about that...I really like you in Lubbock. :) But mostly I'm super excited for you guys!
Post a Comment