
Wow. I've been blogging for about a year now. Do you want to know how I know that? Because Brandon and I went to vote last night. My very first post was all about Charlie's first election so I thought I would make this a regular thing. We headed down to the good ol' United Supermarket down the street from our house and were greeted by a very eager volunteer who is obviously extremely bored during retirement. He cautioned us about where we should stand (two people had already been hit by shopping carts today! Brandon, in his pure deadpan fashion, asked, "Were the accidents fatal?" What a wiseacre.) and then he walked us through all the forms that we would have to fill out if the county messed up our registration. Finally and thankfully, we were free to vote. Charlie pushed my Cast Ballot button for me (this boy loves him some buttons) which Brandon insists is voter fraud and should invalidate my ballot. Pish posh.
Didn't you just love Bob Schieffer's closing comments at the end of one the presidential debates? He quoted his mother as saying, "Go vote now....it will make you feel big and strong." And it did. It made me feel big and strong and proud and I got a little teary eyed as we sang God Bless the USA on the way back to the car even though I was singing in a mocking Texas accent.

I have now become that person who takes embarrassing photos of themselves in public just for their blog. Feel free to mock me. I can take it.






4 comments:
I tried to early vote today but the line was toooo long.
1. I like that picture of you.
2. I love you for saying, "pish posh."
3. I will now go and do my civic duty.
Whatever happened to free speech, Miss America?!! (I'm just sayin' that because the comments now have to be approved.)
It is good to teach Charlie his civic duty at such a young age.
Post a Comment